Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello my name is Sarah Zapp and welcome to my blog, Take a Hike!



I am currently a community health education major at UMD. This blog is tied to an Enviromental Health class at UMD. The blog will be about the impact people have on their environment and the impact the environment has on our lives. This blog will also touch on different things that can be done to improve our environment and our quality of life.

There are going to be 6 possible types of posts on my blog. They include:

  1. Advocacy Project
  2. Eye Openers
  3. Reflections
  4. Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change
  5. Read 'n' Seed
  6. Share and Voice

If you notice at the bottom of this post, the categories will be listed as labels. This post has been labeled with all five kinds of posts. You will also see the number of each kind of post in my Labels Gadget at the top of the page. All post titles from now on will begin with one of the categories above.

The members of my web group are

  1. Brier@lovinnaturewithbrier
  2. Kristy@kritysfuninthesunspot
  3. Jamie@jamiesaysjump
  4. Ell@ellydreamsgreen
  5. Lauren@laurenspouringrain
  6. Mary@blueskiesformary
  7. Sarah@takeahikewithsarah

You can subscribe to my blog by clicking the subscribe gadget in the gadget column. You can also follow my blog by clicking "Follow this Blog" in the gadget column. I am subscribed to all the blogs in my blog list gadget. You can see my complete profile and all the blogs I am following by clicking on "See Complete Profile."

This is gist of what my blog is going to be about, a space to learn and share ideas about our environment and how to improve it. Feel free to add input, it would only enhance the experience. It's going to be a wonderful learning experience!

6 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I really like the title of your blog. It is very inviting for readers. I also like the picture you added to your post, did you take it yourself? I agree with you that comments on posts will add to our experience of blogs. And it will definitely be a learning experience, we have so much to learn with blogs. I never realized how much you could do with one. Since this is our first class together, I am looking forward to getting to know you through our web group.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I'm glad that we are in the same web group. I am interested in women health also. Maybe it's something that we will be able to share thoughts on throughout this semester as well as learn from each other. Let's take this hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah-
    I like the background that you've chosen. It is very fitting for this time of year, and i LOVE fall and its vibrant colors. You mentioned that you like to run (which I definitely need to grow on me ha!) hike and bike. I try to get outdoors whenever possible and go on hikes with my brother's dog at different parks like Hartley, Chester and Hawks Ridge. I'm excited to learn more about you throughout the semester

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really cute idea. Hiking is a perfect way to get out and experience the environment & now with all the pretty fall colors it'll be gorgeous! Your blog looks very nice & professional, love the background fall leaves. See you in class
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah!
    Awesome blog. I think that you did a great job. I love the fall colors, I can tell you put a lot of work in it. Cute!
    Brier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fall-looking blog. Your avatar is unique and adorable too! I'm looking forward to reading your posts this semester.

    ReplyDelete