Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Share and Voice: Eco Exclusive Store in Duluth

I was walking in downtown Duluth yesterday when I saw a large green sign that said ECO. I was instantly intrigued. Since it was after business hours, I went home and looked up the store on the internet. Turns out, ECO stands for Environmentally Conscience Options. This store is dedicated to suppling environmentally friendly, non-toxic building supplies, such as counter tops, tiling, flooring, and even home furnishings. The store even offers classes that teach about how to make your home more energy efficient and do it yourself projects.

We all may be a little ways off of building our own homes or having the money to fix up our current ones but I just thought it was great to know that there a businesses that exclusively offer eco-friendly products and when were to find them. Also as Duluth native I was surprised I have never heard of this place before. It's kind of nifty to know there is some place besides Home Depot or Menards to buy home improvement products.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to know what eco actually stands for, I never knew. This sounds like an awesome store, are the supplies and furnishings expensive? I imagine they would be. I would think it's worth it though. I think this is a great idea, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm guessing that the supplies might be a little more spendy than our own cheap non-environmentally friendly ones that most people use. But I think it's so worth it.. Even if its a slow process, and you start little by little. Eventually it will make such a difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! With the prices and such i feel you get what you pay for. Kind of like I wish I could buy more organic food, but pricing right now is hard to fit in my budget. I visited the website & the store is located here in Duluth...Class field trip?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea something like this existed in Duluth. I think this is so neat, if I ever build my own house, I think I will consider using eco-friendly products. I know I probably can't afford to do it completely, but ever little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good story Sarah. Sounds like a good store to check out. Who knew that we have that sort of thing right here in Duluth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that's new. I wonder if it is a local shop here or is it also wide known. After all that we have learned in class, these things are pretty useful to know for future references.

    ReplyDelete